How you CAN help
Helping the Canucks Autism Network is easy. A wonderful way to help children, youth and young adults living with autism is to organize a fundraising event with friends, family or co-workers. All types of activities such as golf tournaments, pub nights, workplace activities or holiday giving can result in huge fundraising success.
Tips on making the ask
1. Explain the reasons you are raising money for the Canucks Autism Network and your connection to autism, where appropriate.
2. Suggest specific donation amounts (e.g. $100, $50, $25 etc.) and make sure to appreciate every level of support!
3. Make a personal donation first; potential donors will follow your example
4. Offer your incentive prize as a draw for your donors5. Be positive, stay motivated and have fun raising money
At home and in your community
1. Host a game/movie night and suggest a donation as ‘admission.’
2. Organize a neighbourhood car wash, garage sale, bottle drive, coin drive or bake sale.
3. In lieu of birthday, wedding, or special occasion gifts, ask for a donation.
3. Ask for donations for services -babysitting, yard work, car detailing, cooking or cleaning.
1. Run a hockey pool with part of the proceeds donated to CAN.
2. Sell 50/50 tickets gift certificates, parking spaces, or days off with funds going to CAN.
3. Organize a pancake breakfast, BBQ lunch, or fundraising dinner.
4. Leave a collection box at reception for donation drop off of “extra change."
5. Have your office staff wear their Canucks gear or casual wear to the office in exchange for a donation to CAN.
Don’t forget to say thank you to your donors . Follow up with emails or phone calls to keep donors updated on your fundraising successes.
How we can help
We are here to provide support, advice and assistance to help make your event a huge success. Please contact Noah (email@example.com) or Emily (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 604 685 4049 and someone will be happy to help you.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, the CAN staff, our partners and our families, we would like to extend our sincerest appreciation to all those who raise money. Your generous support will help provide more programs and activitites for families living with autism in BC.