We are proud to be a national leader in providing autism training to the sports and recreation community. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that anyone who comes into contact with an individual with autism is equipped with the necessary skills, knowledge, and strategies to best support them and communicate with them. We work to reach this goal by providing a variety of training workshops throughout the year to groups and individuals across many sectors including first responders, teachers, community recreation providers, autism service providers and many others.
Training workshops for the sports and recreation community introduce coaches and community sport leaders to a range of strategies for supporting individuals with autism in inclusive sport activities. Our workshops are eligible for NCCP professional development credits and BC Recreation and Parks Association Continuing Education Credits (CECs).
We have delivered workshops and created resources with the following groups:
- Coaching Association of Canada
- Canadian Sport for Life
- BC Recreation and Parks Association
- Special Olympics Canada
- Jays Care Foundation/Challenger Baseball
- Canadian Association for Disabled Skiing
- BC Adaptive Snowsports
- Pacific Sport
- Engage Sport North
- PISE (Pacific Institute for Sport Excellence)
- Tennis BC, Curl BC, Golf BC, Triathlon BC and many others.
Workshop Topics May Include:
- Autism 101: Challenges faced by individuals with autism in sport/recreation settings
- Communication Tips
- Teaching/Coaching Tools
- Motivation and Behaviour Support Strategies
- Tips for Successful Inclusion
Workshop costs vary depending on the training location, size of group, and duration of training event. We will happily provide your group with a customize quote. For more information or to request a customized training workshop for your group, please complete our Autism Training Workshop request form.