April 1, 2021
We could not do what we do without community support. Every contribution matters. As we celebrate Autism Acceptance Month in April, we are excited to share eight different ways that local businesses throughout the Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island and Interior are raising vital funding for the cause!
With 1 in 40 BC children diagnosed with autism, the need for support is greater than ever. Help us build a world where every individual on the autism spectrum is understood, accepted and supported in all community spaces.
Consider visiting one of these local businesses this month!
Meridian Farm Market | April
Across Lower Mainland
This Lower Mainland chain of grocery stores has been a CAN supporter and champion of inclusive employment for years. Last April, Meridian Farm Market raised over $18,000 for CAN! This year, they’ve added some new items to their annual wings and rice cripsy square fundraiser.
- Locations: Mission, Maple Ridge, Port Coquitlam, Langley, White Rock, Tsawwassen, North Vancouver. Find a store near you
- Wings Special: $1 of every pound of wings sold throughout the month of April will go to CAN!
- Treat Specials: Proceeds from the sales of blue raspberry kettle corn, chocolate dipped rice crispy squares, and blueberries will be going to CAN.
Papa John’s | April
Run by a CAN family, the King George Blvd location has a long history supporting the cause. In 2019, they invited participants to submit recipes for their new #CANPizza! And this past year, they have been an invaluable partner in our Employment Services and Programs.
- Location: 10558 King George Blvd, Surrey
- Specialty Pizza: $1 from every Specialty Pizza bought for delivery or pick up at the Papa John’s on King George Blvd throughout the month of April will go to CAN! Order now.
Mount Arrowsmith Brewing | April
This brewery is dedicated to giving back to their Central Vancouver Island community. Each guest that purchases a taster flight is asked to choose between one of two local charities to support! Drop by and let your order contribute to CAN!
- Location: 109-425 Standford Ave E, Parksville
- Flight Special: Throughout all of April, CAN supporters can order a flight and choose to have $1 of the sale go to CAN! In response to the latest provincial health orders, the brewery’s indoor area is closed, but you can enjoy your flights on their beautiful outdoor patio or picnic area!
Herbaland | March 31 – April 14
This Richmond-based vitamin and supplement producer is new to the CAN and Canucks family of supporters! This past March 31, they were set to be the presenting sponsor for the Canucks’ 3rd Annual Autism Acceptance Game at Rogers Arena.
- Locations: Online and in store. Use their Store Locator to find a store near you
- Merch and Gummy Sales: 100% of merch sales and 10% of vitamin and supplement gummy sales support CAN! Valid from March 31-April 14, 2021.
ZYIA Active | April
Based out of the Okanagan, Paige Ternoway is an Education Assistant who has worked with countless CAN participants first-hand. As a representative of ZYIA Active, Paige and her team are donating proceeds of her sales every year to CAN!
- Location: Online
- Active wear sales: For the entire month of April, Paige is donating 20% of her commission to CAN! Shop now!
F45 | April
Functional training delivered worldwide! Committed to inclusion in their studio spaces, F45’s Vancouver location has chosen to support CAN this April.
- Location: 1348 Granville St, Vancouver
- Accepting Donations: F45 will be collecting donations throughout the month of April for CAN from their members.
*F45 is welcoming their members for workouts that abide by provincial health orders only.
Treaźe | April 17
Organized by a pair of CAN volunteers in Kelowna, take their treasure hunt challenge in support of the cause! The treasure hunt follows all health and safety precautions and has been approved by the City of Kelowna.
- Location: The treasure hunt takes place across Kelowna, sign up online
- Treasure Hunt: Take part in this exciting treasure hunt all across the City of Kelowna! There are prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place! Plus – 90% of the proceeds are going to CAN!
CAN Raffle | Enter by May 1
Throughout their careers, the Sedins were always quick to support CAN at our community events and fundraisers. Now, Elias Pettersson is continuing the tradition of elite hockey and community support in Vancouver. Own signed jerseys from all three Canucks superstars past and present!
- Location: Buy tickets online
- Jersey Raffle: Win ALL 3 Canucks jerseys signed by Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, and Elias Pettersson! Buy a ticket for $5, three for $5 or ten for $20. Enter by Sat, May 1 at 10 PM.
Must be 19+ and within BC.