As we look forward to welcoming participants back for winter programs in 2021, please note the following important changes to participant safety:
- Participants and staff will be required to maintain a distance of 3 metres on the field of play, and 2 metres off the field of play
- After the program has begun, there should be no additional participants, parents, or staff members entering or exiting the facility. The entire group should exit the facility together at the end of the program
- In the case of emergency (e.g., parent must enter to provide critical support), CAN staff must notify the front desk of who has entered the building
- There should be no spitting and no spraying of bottles during the program
- These actions will be strictly enforced by staff
Notification in the event of a positive case
- CAN will contact the local public health authority to receive instructions for how to proceed
- CAN will contact the facility in which the program occurred to inform them of the exposure
As always, the most up to date in-person program safety plan can be found at www.canucksautism.ca/safetyplan.
For all relevant health and safety updates and documents, please visit www.canucksautism.ca/health.