Latest Update: Oct 28, 2021
As per new provincial health orders (PHOs), the facilities in which we operate our weekly and monthly programs will be implementing the following policies, effective immediately.
- Any adult (19 or over) directly leading, supervising or assisting an indoor or outdoor child or youth program MUST provide proof of full vaccination.
- All spectators MUST provide proof of full vaccination.
- New provincial health orders for proof of vaccination now apply to ALL indoor or outdoor events.
For Family Experiences, please stay tuned as we work to understand how these new orders apply to large, outdoor gatherings.
Proof of vaccination does NOT apply to:
- Children under the age of 12
- A person 12 to 21 years of age who is participating in a program for children or youth or in a sports event.
In addition to these provincial health orders, we have compiled a list of facility-specific policies and procedures for our Fall 2021 programs for participants ages 3-12.
Please note that this information is subject to frequent change as each of our third party facilities works to understand provincial health orders. We highly recommend reaching out to the facility directly for additional clarity.
Fall Update: Sept 15, 2021
Our team has been working to understand how the new BC Vaccine Card will affect CAN participants. Here is how we anticipate the new mandate will affect programs across age groups and in various environments:
- Will NOT be required for CAN participants under age 12.
- Will NOT be required for parents/guardians in swim.
- WILL likely be requiredfor parents/guardians entering all other program facilities.
Parents/guardians will be advised if this applies to their program facility.
- WILL be required for indoor fitness programs.
- Will NOT be required for all outdoor programs.
- Will NOT be required for individuals under 21 accessing certain indoor programs.
Additional Considerations & Next Steps
- Beginning October 24, proof of full vaccination will be required.
- In addition to provincial health orders, CAN will abide by any additional protocols that our partnered facilities implement.
- Participants registered this Fall will receive further info in early-Oct.
- If you think that you will no longer be able to participate in CAN in-person programming this Fall, email [email protected].
- Visit canucksautism.ca/guide to see our full range of virtual and outdoor programming, in which proof of vaccination is not required. To submit a late registration request, visit canucksautism.ca/late.
- PHO Update: Masks & proof of vaccination – August 2021
- Winter update: Health and safety protocols – January 2021
- Indoor Programs Resume & Heightened Safety Protocols – November 22, 2020
- Indoor Programs Suspended in Lower Mainland – November 9, 2020
- New COVID-19 Protocols for In-Person Programs – August 6, 2020
- Our Plan This Summer – June 29, 2020
- The Working Plan for Summer – May 22, 2020
- Spring Programs Update – April 6, 2020
- Frequently Asked Questions – March 17, 2020
- Health Statement – March 13, 2020
Safety Plan for In-Person Early Years/Children Programs (3-12yrs)
As we look forward to welcoming participants back for fall programs, there will be important changes to participant safety. Our safety protocols are detailed in full in our 13-page Safety Plan.
All parents, guardians and/or participants must read the full document and agree to the protocols before their enrollment is confirmed in any CAN program.
Safety Protocols for COVID-19: What to Expect
Safety Plan for In-Person Youth and Adult Programs (13-18, 18+yrs)
As we look forward to welcoming youth and adult participants back for fall programs, there will be important changes to participant safety. Our safety protocols are detailed in full in our 13-page Safety Plan.
All participants must read the full document and agree to the protocols before their enrollment is confirmed in any CAN program.
Safety Protocols for COVID-19: What to Expect
Safety Plan for Family Experiences
We are gradually re-introducing Family Experiences. Our safety protocols are detailed in full in our 8-page Safety Plan.
All families must read the full document and agree to the protocols before their enrollment is confirmed in any CAN Family Experience.
CAN Restart Plan
As expected, our upcoming year will look much different due to the safety, financial and logistical challenges created by COVID-19.
As we approach Phase 4 of the CAN Restart Plan:
- In-person programming scales resumes to pre-COVID levels with safety protocols in place (eg. Kelowna, Nanaimo and other areas as funding allows)
- All pre-COVID programs resume
- Limited virtual program offerings for members who prefer the platform and in remote communities
- Large fundraising and third-party events resume pending local health orders