Latest Update: Aug 30, 2021
- Both orders do not apply to children under the age of 12.
- Proof of vaccination does not apply to youth recreation.
We are still determining exactly how these two new provincial health orders will affect Fall programs beginning this October. Please note that CAN continues to recommend the use of masks for all individuals involved in CAN programming — both indoor and outdoor.
We will update all members registered for Fall on the exact measures required for each specific program environment in the weeks leading up to their first session.
- Winter update: Health and safety protocols – January 2021
- Indoor Programs Resume & Heightened Safety Protocols – November 22, 2020
- Indoor Programs Suspended in Lower Mainland – November 9, 2020
- New COVID-19 Protocols for In-Person Programs – August 6, 2020
- Our Plan This Summer – June 29, 2020
- The Working Plan for Summer – May 22, 2020
- Spring Programs Update – April 6, 2020
- Frequently Asked Questions – March 17, 2020
- Health Statement – March 13, 2020
Safety Plan for In-Person Programs
We are gradually re-introducing in-person programs. Our safety protocols are detailed in full in our 11-page Safety Plan.
All parents, guardians and/or participants must read the full document and agree to the protocols before their enrollment is confirmed in any CAN program.
Safety Protocols for COVID-19: What to Expect
Safety Plan for Family Experiences
We are gradually re-introducing Family Experiences. Our safety protocols are detailed in full in our 8-page Safety Plan.
All families must read the full document and agree to the protocols before their enrollment is confirmed in any CAN Family Experience.
CAN Restart Plan
As expected, our upcoming year will look much different due to the safety, financial and logistical challenges created by COVID-19.
As we approach Phase 4 of the CAN Restart Plan:
- In-person programming scales resumes to pre-COVID levels with safety protocols in place (eg. Kelowna, Nanaimo and other areas as funding allows)
- All pre-COVID programs resume
- Limited virtual program offerings for members who prefer the platform and in remote communities
- Large fundraising and third-party events resume pending local health orders