Our virtual programs provide children on the autism spectrum (7-12yrs) a fun introduction to the world of physical activity and social interactive games. Participants will play games and learn movement, art and science skills while practicing listening, transitions and taking turns.
Using the free Zoom app (an online meeting platform), coaches will be able to connect with participants in real-time, teaching lessons in a fun, new and digital environment. All programs are delivered on a weekly basis.
Guided by experienced CAN coaches, children will participate in fun games, make friends and socialize in a safe and supported online environment.
- Art activities in a safe and supported environment
- In partnership with JaysCare Foundation
- Baseball activities and games
- Participants will receive an adapted Challenger Baseball Equipment Kit (bat, balls, bases)
Cars Club (7-12yrs)
- A range of car themed activities
- In partnership with CodeAbility
- In partnership with All Bodies Dance
Drama Club (7-12yrs)
- Drama activities including “making your own commercial” and charades
- Participate in a range of drama activities, like “making your own commercial” and charades
Try-It Golf (7-12yrs)
- Participants will receive an adapted equipment kit from GolfBC to follow along weekly activities
Siblings Meet Up (7-12 years)
- Opportunity for siblings of individuals on the autism spectrum to get together and connect on Zoom
- Participants enjoy a variety of fun activities while getting to know each other
Yoga (7-12 years)
- Yoga stretches, poses, and activities
Availability of virtual programs may vary from season to season.
Program Stucture & Supports Provided
- This program is delivered online through the free Zoom app
- Participants are lead through different activities virtually by a CAN staff member, while being supported at home by a parent/guardian/caretaker
- Each session consists of a 45-60 minute lesson, once per week, for six weeks
- Each lesson has up to 15 participants taking part virtually
As this will be a learning experience for us all, you can expect to see us adapt our content along the way to best suit the online platform and the needs of our participants
- In-person support for these programs must be provided by a parent/guardian/caretaker who is present for the duration of each online lesson
- An additional CAN staff member will be present and act as a moderator to provide technical support and answer questions
- Please email [email protected] with any questions or concerns
You can also access our Zoom Tip Sheet to help you prepare for the online program.
- Ages 7-12. Please see specific program for details. Must be of correct age on program start date
- Have an autism diagnosis and an active CAN Membership
- Siblings are welcome to register alongside their sibling with autism (if age requirement is met)
- Individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome to take part
- Commitment to attend session on a weekly basis
- Parent/guardian/caretaker must be present for the duration of each online lesson
Registration opens seasonally
Registration opens 6-8 weeks before the start of each season:
- Fall (Sep-Dec): Reg opens mid-Aug
- Winter (Jan-Mar): Reg opens mid-Nov
- Spring (Apr-Jun): Reg opens mid-Feb
Full program & reg details for the current/upcoming season can be found at canucksautism.ca/guide.
Don’t miss a registration date!
All important dates are communicated in the monthly member newsletter.
Missed a registration period?
Programs that still have space remaining will open for late registration.