Our virtual programs provide children on the autism spectrum (7-12yrs) a fun introduction to the world of physical activity and social interactive games. Participants will play games and learn movement, art and science skills while practicing listening, transitions and taking turns.
Using the free Zoom app (an online meeting platform), coaches will be able to connect with participants in real-time, teaching lessons in a fun, new and digital environment. All programs are delivered on a weekly basis. Siblings are welcome for all virtual children’s programs (except Meet Ups).
Participants will have the opportunity to get together online, while staying active and engaged in the comfort of their own home.
Guided by experienced CAN coaches, children will participate in fun games, make friends and socialize in a safe and supported online environment.
Art Club (7-12yrs)
- Art activities in a safe and supported environment
- Registered participants will receive an equipment kit which includes supplies to make their own crafts at home
Car Club (7-12yrs)
- Participate in a range of car-related activities
- Registered participants will receive an equipment kit that will elevate the online experience of learning more about cars and playing fun car-themed games
Challenger Baseball (7-12yrs)
in Partnership with Jays Care
- Learn baseball skills, have fun, and build confidence
- Registered participants will receive an adapted Challenger Baseball Equipment Kit
This program is currently available exclusively to Northern BC families.
Drama Club (7-12yrs)
- Participate in a range of drama activities, like “making your own commercial” and charades
Drawing Club (7-12yrs)
- A range of drawing activities
- Registered participants will receive an equipment kit, which includes a sketchbook and drawing tools, that will elevate the creative experience online
Meet Up (9-12yrs)
- Get together, build social relationships, and have a great time online
- Participants enjoy a variety of fun activities while getting know each other
- Fun introduction to the world of physical activity and social interaction games
- Weekly program includes participants playing games and learning movement skills while practicing listening, transitions, and taking turns
- View Equipment Checklist
Siblings Meet Up (9-12 years)
- Opportunity for siblings of individuals on the autism spectrum to get together and connect on Zoom
- Participants enjoy a variety of fun activities while getting to know each other
Sports Samplers Series (7-12yrs)
in partnership with Pacific Sport Fraser Valley (PSFV)
- Try ringette, golf and field hockey
- Registered participants will all receive an adapted equipment kit from Pacific Sport Fraser Valley
Science Club (7-12yrs)
- Participate in a range of science experiments and activities
- Registered participants will receive an equipment kit with their own science notebook to keep track of all of the experiments
- Participate in a range of musical activities
- Registered participants will receive an equipment kit, which includes drumsticks and supplies to make instruments at home
Program Stucture & Supports Provided
- This program is delivered online through the free Zoom app
- Participants are lead through different activities virtually by a CAN staff member, while being supported at home by a parent/guardian/caretaker
- Each session consists of a 45-60 minute lesson, once per week, for six weeks
- Each lesson has up to 15 participants taking part virtually
As this will be a learning experience for us all, you can expect to see us adapt our content along the way to best suit the online platform and the needs of our participants
- In-person support for these programs must be provided by a parent/guardian/caretaker who is present for the duration of each online lesson
- An additional CAN staff member will be present and act as a moderator to provide technical support and answer questions
- Please email [email protected] with any questions or concerns
You can also access our Zoom Tip Sheet to help you prepare for the online program.
- Programs vary between Ages 7-12 and 9-12 years. Please see specific program for details. Must be of correct age on program start date
- Have an autism diagnosis and an active CAN Membership
- Siblings are welcome to register alongside their sibling with autism (if age requirement is met)
- Individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome to take part
- Commitment to attend session on a weekly basis
- Parent/guardian/caretaker must be present for the duration of each online lesson
Registration for Fall opens Mon, Aug 16 at noon
View the Fall program guide to see upcoming locations, dates, and times.
Registration closes on Friday, August 20 at noon.
Login to your membership account when registration opens. Registration is not first-come first-served.*
*Due to the high volume of web traffic we experience when registration opens, you may experience issues logging onto the system. If you are unable to log on, please check back again later in the afternoon or evening. Your registration will not be affected if you submit your requests later in the day or in the week. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Missed the Fall registration period?
If you would like to submit a late registration request, please email [email protected] with the following:
- name and age of participant
- program you are requesting late registration for
Late registration requests will be considered in the order that they are received.
Please check canucksautism.ca/health for the most-up-to-date information regarding CAN programming.