The Fitness program provides youth and adults on the spectrum with an introduction to cardio exercises, free weights, and basic gym etiquette with the support of a certified fitness instructor, support workers and volunteers. Participants are also encouraged to build independence and fitness routines that can be maintained outside of the program.
CAN is no longer requiring a formal autism diagnosis for individuals over 13 years of age who are interested in accessing CAN programs or services. Learn more >>
Participant Safety Plan
Fitness lessons focus on aerobic endurance, strength, and flexibility, and will include individual, partner, and group exercise.
- Each session consists of a 60 minute lesson, once per week, for multiple weeks.
- Sessions take place three times a year: In the fall (mid-October to late November), winter (late January to early March), and spring (mid-April to late May).
- Each session consists of 4-8 participants who may be split into smaller groups.
At Canucks Autism Network, we recognize that each Autistic individual is unique. All individuals on the autism spectrum are welcome in our programs. We strive to meet the unique needs of each program participant through conversation and collaboration. Please do not hesitate to contact our Youth & Young Adult Program Coordinator at [email protected] with any questions.
Registration for Spring weekly programs closed Sun, Feb 13 at 11:59pm
To submit a late registration request, you must be a CAN member:
- Browse the latest program guide to see upcoming locations, dates, and times.
- Submit a late registration request: canucksautism.ca/late
- If you are not a member, you will need to complete an online membership application before being confirmed into the program.
Learn more about our registration processes: canucksautism.ca/registration