The Fitness program provides youth and adults on the spectrum with an introduction to cardio exercises, free weights, and basic gym etiquette with the support of qualified instructors. Participants are also encouraged to build independence and fitness routines that can be maintained outside of the program.
Participant Safety Plan
Fitness lessons focus on aerobic endurance, strength, and flexibility, and will include individual, partner, and group exercise.
- Each session consists of a 60 minute lesson, once per week, for multiple weeks.
- Sessions take place three times a year: In the fall (mid-October to late November), winter (late January to early March), and spring (mid-April to late May).
- Each session consists of 4-8 participants who may be split into smaller groups.
At Canucks Autism Network, we recognize that each individual with autism is unique. All individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome in our programs. We strive to meet the unique needs of each program participant through conversation and collaboration. Please do not hesitate to contact our Youth & Young Adult Program Coordinator at [email protected] with any questions.
Registration is closed and late registration requests may be accepted pending program availability.
Registration for Spring weekly programs took place from Monday, February 22nd at noon to Friday, February 26th at noon.
If you would like to submit a late registration request, please email [email protected] with the following information:
- Name and age of participant
- Program, dates & times, and location you are requesting late registration for
Late registration requests will be processed in the order that they are received.
Please check canucksautism.ca/health for the most-up-to-date information regarding CAN programming.