Gymnastics lessons include circuit style activities, individual or small group skill practice, and group games.
- Each session consists of 45-60 minute lessons, once per week, for multiple weeks.
- Sessions take place three times a year: In the fall (mid-October to late November), winter (late January to early March), and spring (mid-April to late May).
- Each lesson consists of 5-10 participants who may be split into smaller groups.
- Participants are provided with a high ratio of support (1:1 or higher, if needed)
This program is provided in partnership with Langley Gymnastics Foundation and Okanagan Gymnastics. Each facility provides qualified gymnastics coaches to oversee the lessons and collaborate with CAN staff and volunteers on any necessary adaptions to the curriculum.
At Canucks Autism Network, we strive to meet the needs of each participant through parent collaboration.
Please do not hesitate to speak with coaches and on-site staff about support strategies that work for your child (e.g., visual schedules, first-then boards, token systems, social stories, etc.).
You can also access our Gymnastics Activity Storybook to help prepare your child for the program. Activity Storybooks describe activities or situations as well as the expected behaviours in a given context using words and often pictures. Participants can read Activity Storybooks prior to engaging in an activity to help prepare them and build predictability.
Please email [email protected] with any questions or concerns.
- Ages 7-12 (Must be of correct age when starting the program)
- Have an autism diagnosis and an active CAN Membership
- Individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome (ratio of support can be adjusted if necessary; 1:1 or 2:1 support)
- Commit to pay highly subsidized program fee of $60 ($10/session x 6; see Program Fee Payment Options)
- Commitment to attend session on a weekly basis (See Attendance Policy)
This program is specifically designed and adapted for individuals on the autism spectrum. We kindly ask that parents and siblings remain on the side.
Registration for Fall opens Mon, Aug 16 at noon
View the Fall program guide to see upcoming locations, dates, and times.
Registration closes on Friday, August 20 at noon.
Login to your membership account when registration opens. Registration is not first-come first-served.*
*Due to the high volume of web traffic we experience when registration opens, you may experience issues logging onto the system. If you are unable to log on, please check back again later in the afternoon or evening. Your registration will not be affected if you submit your requests later in the day or in the week. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Missed the Fall registration period?
If you would like to submit a late registration request, please email [email protected] with the following:
- name and age of participant
- program you are requesting late registration for
Late registration requests will be considered in the order that they are received.
Please check canucksautism.ca/health for the most-up-to-date information regarding CAN programming.