The Multisport program provides children on the spectrum and their siblings the opportunity to be active and have fun in a safe and supportive environment. Participants will enjoy a range of station- based activities to get moving and build fundamental movement skills.
The CAN Team continues to be committed to supporting children to be active and develop fundamental movement skills in a safe environment.
Safety Plan for In-Person Programs
Our safety protocols are detailed in full in our 11-page Safety Plan.
All parents, guardians and/or participants must read the full document and agree to the protocols before their enrollment is confirmed in any CAN program.
Safety Protocols for COVID-19: What to Expect
For the latest updates, visit: canucksautism.ca/health.
Multisport lessons include individual practice that work on skills relating to physical literacy, soccer, and basketball.
- Each session consists of 60 minute lessons, once per week, for multiple weeks.
- Sessions take place three times a year: In the fall (mid-October to late November), winter (late January to early March), and spring (mid-April to late May).
- Each lesson consists of up to 10 participants on the autism spectrum, who may be split into smaller groups.
- Participants are provided with a high ratio of support (1:1 or higher, if needed)
At Canucks Autism Network, we strive to meet the needs of each participant through parent collaboration.
Please do not hesitate to speak with coaches and on-site staff about support strategies that work for your child (e.g., visual schedules, first-then boards, token systems, social stories, etc.).
You can also access our Multisport Activity Storybook to help prepare your child for the program. Activity Storybooks describe activities or situations as well as the expected behaviours in a given context using words and often pictures. Participants can read Activity Storybooks prior to engaging in an activity to help prepare them and build predictability.
Please email [email protected] with any questions or concerns.
- Ages 7-12 (Must be of correct age when starting the program)
- Have an autism diagnosis and an active CAN Membership
- Siblings are welcome to register alongside their sibling on the spectrum (if age requirement is met)
- Individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome (ratio of support can be adjusted if necessary; 1:1 or even 2:1 support)
- Commitment to attend session on a weekly basis (See Attendance Policy)
Registration for Spring weekly programs closed Sun, Feb 13 at 11:59pm
To submit a late registration request, you must be a CAN member:
- Browse the latest program guide to see upcoming locations, dates, and times.
- Submit a late registration request: canucksautism.ca/late
- If you are not a member, you will need to complete an online membership application before being confirmed into the program.
Learn more about our registration processes: canucksautism.ca/registration