The Multisport program provides children with autism and their siblings with a fun introduction to the world of sports, with a focus on soccer and basketball. Participants will play games and learn sports drills while practicing transitions, taking turns and fundamental movement skills.
Multisport lessons include individual practice and small group games that work on skills relating to physical literacy, soccer, and basketball.
- Each session consists of 60 minute lessons, once per week, for multiple weeks.
- Sessions take place three times a year: In the fall (mid-October to late November), winter (late January to early March), and spring (mid-April to late May).
- Each lesson consists of up to 10 participants with autism, who may be split into smaller groups.
- Participants are provided with a high ratio of support (1:1 or higher, if needed)
At Canucks Autism Network, we strive to meet the needs of each participant through parent collaboration.
Please do not hesitate to speak with coaches and on-site staff about support strategies that work for your child (e.g., visual schedules, first-then boards, token systems, social stories, etc.).
You can also access our I CAN Play Sports Activity Storybook to help prepare your child for the program. Activity Storybooks describe activities or situations as well as the expected behaviours in a given context using words and often pictures. Participants can read Activity Storybooks prior to engaging in an activity to help prepare them and build predictability.
Please email [email protected] with any questions or concerns.
- Ages 7-12 (Must be of correct age when starting the program)
- Have an autism diagnosis and an active CAN Membership
- Siblings are welcome to register alongside their sibling with autism (if age requirement is met)
- Individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome (ratio of support can be adjusted if necessary; 1:1 or even 2:1 support)
- Commitment to attend session on a weekly basis (See Attendance Policy)
Participant Safety Plan
Registration is closed
If you would like to request late registration for a program, please email [email protected] with the following:
- Name and age of participant
- Program Name, Time, and Location
*Reminder: Late registration requests are not guaranteed. Priority will be given to those who submit registration requests during the registration period. Thank you in advance for understanding. See our Registration FAQs.
Please check canucksautism.ca/health for the most-up-to-date information regarding CAN programming.