The purpose of the Multisport program is to provide participants with autism, and their siblings, a fun introduction into the world of sports! Participants will enjoy games and drills that work on a variety of skills used in various sports. This program is designed to provide a fun, safe and supportive environment for all those taking part.
Multisport lessons include individual practice and small group games that work on skills relating to physical literacy, soccer, and basketball.
- Each session consists of 60 minute lessons, once per week, for multiple weeks.
- Sessions take place three times a year: In the fall (mid-October to late November), winter (late January to early March), and spring (mid-April to late May).
- Each lesson consists of up to 10 participants with autism, who may be split into smaller groups.
- Participants are provided with a high ratio of support (1:1 or higher, if needed)
At Canucks Autism Network, we strive to meet the needs of each participant through parent collaboration.
Please do not hesitate to speak with coaches and on-site staff about support strategies that work for your child (e.g., visual schedules, first-then boards, token systems, social stories, etc.).
You can also access our I CAN Play Sports Activity Storybook to help prepare your child for the program. Activity Storybooks describe activities or situations as well as the expected behaviours in a given context using words and often pictures. Participants can read Activity Storybooks prior to engaging in an activity to help prepare them and build predictability.
Please email [email protected] with any questions or concerns.
- Ages 7-12 (Must be of correct age when starting the program)
- Have an autism diagnosis and an active CAN Membership
- Siblings are welcome to register alongside their sibling with autism (if age requirement is met)
- Individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome (ratio of support can be adjusted if necessary; 1:1 or even 2:1 support)
- Commitment to attend session on a weekly basis (See Attendance Policy)
Spring weekly program registration is open Mon, Feb 10 at noon to Fri, Feb 14 at noon.
Spring weekly program registration opens:
View upcoming programs commencing in April:
Browse the Spring Leisure Guide >>
All those who submit registration requests during the registration period will be notified of their updated registration status on Friday, February 21.