Music provides participants with an introduction to choral style singing in a group lesson format.
Music lessons are directed by the Sarah McLachlan School of Music and supported by Canucks Autism Network staff.
- Each Children’s Class (7-12yrs) session consists of 45 minute lessons, once per week, for multiple weeks.
- Each Youth Class (13-17yrs) session consists of 60 minute lessons, once per week, for 9 months
- Each lesson consists of 8-10 participants who may be split into smaller groups.
- Participants are provided with a high ratio of support (1:1 or 2:1 available if needed).
The Sarah McLachlan School of Music provides a music instructor and assistant to lead each class. Participants will also be supported by CAN support workers and volunteers provided.
At Canucks Autism Network, we strive to meet the needs of each participant through parent collaboration.
Please do not hesitate to speak with on-site staff about support strategies that work for your child (e.g., visual schedules, first-then boards, token systems, social stories, etc.).
Please email [email protected] with any questions or concerns.
- Ages 7-12 (Junior 1 class) & 13-18 (Senior class)
- Participants must meet session age requirements as of first-day of the program
- In addition to regularly scheduled classes, participants are expected to attend all scheduled performances.
- Have an autism diagnosis and an active CAN Membership
- Individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome (ratio of support can be adjusted if necessary; 1:1 or even 2:1 support)
- Commitment to attend session on a weekly basis (See Attendance Policy)
This program is specifically designed and adapted for individuals on the autism spectrum. We kindly ask that parents and siblings remain on the side.
Registration is open and will close on Fri Aug 23 at noon
View the Fall 2019 Leisure Guide for program details.
How to Register
- Login to your CAN membership account.
- Submit registration requests online.
- Check on the status of your requests at the end of August.
Not yet a Canucks Autism Network member?
Create an online account to access Canucks Autism Network programs for $25/year.