Music provides participants with an introduction to choral style singing in a group lesson format.
Music lessons are directed by the Sarah McLachlan School of Music and supported by Canucks Autism Network staff.
- Each Children’s Class (7-12yrs) session consists of 45 minute lessons, once per week, for multiple weeks.
- Each Youth Class (13-17yrs) session consists of 60 minute lessons, once per week, for 9 months
- Each lesson consists of 8-10 participants who may be split into smaller groups.
- Participants are provided with a high ratio of support (1:1 or higher, if needed).
The Sarah McLachlan School of Music provides a music instructor and assistant to lead each class. Participants will also be supported by CAN support workers and volunteers provided.
At Canucks Autism Network, we strive to meet the needs of each participant through parent collaboration.
Please do not hesitate to speak with on-site staff about support strategies that work for your child (e.g., visual schedules, first-then boards, token systems, social stories, etc.).
Please email [email protected] with any questions or concerns.
- Ages 7-12 (Junior 1 class) & 13-18 (Senior class)
- Participants must meet session age requirements as of first-day of the program
- In addition to regularly scheduled classes, participants are expected to attend all scheduled performances.
- Have an autism diagnosis and an active CAN Membership
- Individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome (ratio of support can be adjusted if necessary; 1:1 or even 2:1 support)
- Commitment to attend session on a weekly basis (See Attendance Policy)
This program is specifically designed and adapted for individuals on the autism spectrum. We kindly ask that parents and siblings remain on the side.
Registration is Closed
Thank you for your interest in CAN’s fall programming. The registration period for Fall was open from Monday, August 19th at noon to Friday, August 23rd at noon.
If you would like to submit a late registration request, please email [email protected] with the following information:
1. Name and age of participant, and
2. Program name, location and time.
Requests will be processed in the order received.
For full program details, please view the Fall 2019 Leisure Guide,