Outdoor Active is a weekly program for youth and adults on the spectrum to try new activities, like hiking, biking and showshoeing in the great outdoors.
The program is offered in Kelowna in collaboration with CRIS Adaptive Adventures.
- Each session of the program consists of 1.5 hours, once per week, for multiple weeks.
- Sessions for this program may vary throughout the year. It is typically offered in Fall (mid-October to late November), Winter (late January to early March) and Spring (mid-April to late May).
- Participants will be supported (if necessary) by a program leader, activity instructors, support workers, and volunteers.
*For the most up to date program details, visit canucksautism.ca/guide
At Canucks Autism Network, we recognize that each individual on the spectrum is unique. All individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome in our programs.
Activities will be led by instructors from CRIS Adaptive Adventures. Additional support will be provided by a CAN program leader and support workers.
We strive to meet the unique needs of each program participant through conversation and collaboration. Please do not hesitate to contact our Recreation Specialist at [email protected] with any questions.
- Participants must meet session’s age requirements (ie 13yrs+) as of the day of the program start
- Have an active CAN membership
- Individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome
- Commitment to attend session on a weekly basis (See Attendance Policy)
Autistic individuals ages 13+ no longer require a formal autism diagnosis in order to participate in CAN youth and programs. Learn more.
Registration opens seasonally
Registration opens 6-8 weeks before the start of each season:
- Fall (Sep-Dec): Reg opens mid-Aug
- Winter (Jan-Mar): Reg opens mid-Nov
- Spring (Apr-Jun): Reg opens mid-Feb
Full program & reg details for the current/upcoming season can be found at canucksautism.ca/guide.
Don’t miss a registration date!
All important dates are communicated in the monthly member newsletter.
Missed a registration period?
Programs that still have space remaining will open for late registration.