Overnight Camps are an opportunity for participants to enjoy an unforgettable outdoor experience in an organized group setting. A high ratio of staffing is provided to ensure a safe, successful overnight experience for all, while allowing participants to try new things and make new friends.
Activities include boating, ropes course, archery, rock climbing, ocean swimming, field games, campfires and more! Participants are grouped according to age for all camp activities and sleeping accommodations.
Our Overnight Camp is located on Keats Island in the Howe Sound region of British Columbia.
Program Structure for 2018 Keats Camp (registration April 9-13)
- 5-Day Overnight Camp
Monday, August 27th at 8:15am to Friday, August 31st at 3:15pm
- 3-Day Overnight Camp
Wednesday, August 29th at 7:45am to Friday, August 31st at 3:15pm
- Transportation: Participants will depart from Coal Harbour in Vancouver with CAN support workers and travel to Keats Camp (located on Keats Island in the Howe Sound area of BC) by boat. Parents/guardians must take care of transportation to and from the Vancouver drop-off location.
- Accommodations: Participants sleep in heated cabins equipped with electricity and bathrooms (toilets and showers). Participants are grouped according to age and gender and must bring their own bedding.
- Meals: All meals are prepared by the facility. CAN works closely with the Keats chef and kitchen to accommodate diet restrictions and food allergies.
- Medication: A registered nurse will be onsite to support all participants with medication, prescription and non-prescription medication.
Participant Commitment and Camp Fee
By completing the online program registration for Overnight Camp, you are committing to the following conditions:
- Submit camp program fee (3-day fee: $500; 5-day fee: $750)
Camp fees are eligible to be paid through a participant’s Autism Funding. A fee assistance program is also available for those in need. See Payment Options.
- Attend duration of the camp
- Submit a completed CAN medical form signed by a physician
(some physicians may charge a fee for this form)
- Complete and submit all additional camp forms provided by CAN
(completed by parent/guardian)
- Arrange transportation to and from the drop off point in Vancouver
Participants will be highly supported by trained support workers, and dedicated volunteers. Canucks Autism Network welcomes individuals across the autism spectrum and ensures that the appropriate level of support is provided based on each participant’s behavioural profile.
You can access our Overnight Camp Activity Storybook to help prepare your child for the program. Activity Storybooks describe activities or situations as well as the expected behaviours in a given context using words and often pictures. Participants can read Activity Storybooks prior to engaging in an activity to help prepare them and build predictability.
Participants can also practice Canucks Autism Network Camp Songs prior to attending camp.
Registration Currently Closed
This program only runs in the summer. Please check back in April 2019 for summer program details.
Subscribe to programs & membership newsletter to stay-up-to date on program and registration dates.