Summer Day Camps provides participants with the opportunity to attend five-consecutive days of camp outdoors!
Each daily camp is highly supported by trained staff, who help participants enjoy outdoor sports, games, and crafts.
Participants will play games and learn movement skills and drills while practicing listening, transitions and taking turns.
Program fees vary depending on location, program structure, and staffing requirements. Canucks Autism Network does not want this fee to act as a barrier to participation and is willing to collaborate with any family needing financial assistance.
Baseball activities at summer day camps in 2022 are being delivered in partnership with Jays Care Foundation.
Summer Day Camp (Full-Day & Half Day)
- Runs for five consecutive days; 8:30am-3:00pm daily for full day camps ; 8:30am-11:30am OR 12:30pm-3:30pm for half-day camps
- Activities vary each week based on theme
- 8-12 participants will be enrolled in each session (dependent on region)
- Participants are provided with a high ratio of support (1:1 or 2:1 available if needed)
At Canucks Autism Network, we strive to meet the needs of each participant through parent and participant collaboration. Our staff receive training on a variety of support strategies for individuals with autism. Please do not hesitate to speak with our staff on-site about strategies that should be implemented (e.g., visual schedules, first-then boards, token systems, social stories, etc).
Access our Summer Half-Day Activity Storybook or Summer Full-Day Activity Storybook to help prepare your child for the program.
Activity Storybooks describe activities or situations as well as the expected behaviours in a given context using words and often pictures. Participants can read Activity Storybooks prior to engaging in an activity to help prepare them and build predictability.
- Ages 7-12 (Must be of correct age when starting the program)
- Have an active CAN membership
- Commit to pay subsidized program fee (See Program Fee Payment Options)
- Individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome (ratio of support can be adjusted if necessary; 1:1 or 2:1 available if needed)