Summer Sports provide participants with an opportunity to try various sports such as football, softball, and soccer as well as outdoor games and activities that help build physical literacy. Sessions include a mix of individual practice and group games to help develop movement skills that are useful in a variety of sport settings. Participants are supported by a high ratio of trained staff and dedicated volunteers.
- Week-long session consisting of 90 minute lessons, once a day, Monday to Friday (in the month of July).
- Locations: Vancouver, Surrey, Coquitlam
- Sports activities may include: Soccer, football, baseball and other outdoor games and activities.
- There is a highly subsidized fee of $30 to access this program. See Program Fee Payment Options.
At Canucks Autism Network, we strive to meet the needs of each participant through parent collaboration.
Please do not hesitate to speak with coaches and on-site staff about support strategies that work for your child (e.g., visual schedules, first-then boards, token systems, social stories, etc.).
You can also access our Multisport Activity Storybook to help prepare your child for the program. Activity Storybooks describe activities or situations as well as the expected behaviours in a given context using words and often pictures. Participants can read Activity Storybooks prior to engaging in an activity to help prepare them and build predictability.
Please email [email protected] with any questions or concerns.
- Ages 7-17 (Must be of correct age when starting the program). Participants will be split into separate activity groups based on age
- Have an active CAN Membership
- Individuals with autism and their siblings (within the correct age group) are welcome to participate
- Commit to attend full session (See Attendance Policy)
Registration Currently Closed
This program only runs in the summer. Please check back in April 2019 for summer program details.
Subscribe to programs & membership newsletter to stay-up-to date on program and registration dates.