The Try It! program, in partnership with North Vancouver Recreation & Culture (NVRC) provides Autistic youth and adults with a range of recreational opportunities in a social setting. Sample activities like badminton, fitness, arts, and more!
This program is offered at various times throughout the year and may not be available in the current season. Please check our program guide for all opportunities for Autistic youth & adults.
CAN is no longer requiring a formal autism diagnosis for individuals over 13 years of age who are interested in accessing CAN programs or services. Learn more >>
- Each session of the program consists of 1.5 hours, once per week, for multiple weeks.
- Sessions for this program may take place three times during the year; Fall (mid-October to late November), Winter (late January to early March) and Spring (mid-April to late May).
- Participants will be supported (if necessary) by a program leader, support workers, and volunteers.
*For the most up to date program details, visit canucksautism.ca/guide
At Canucks Autism Network, we recognize that each individual on the spectrum is unique. All individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome in our programs.
Activities are supported by a CAN program leader, support workers and volunteers.
We strive to meet the unique needs of each program participant through conversation and collaboration. Please do not hesitate to contact our Youth & Adult Program Coordinator at [email protected] with any questions.
- Participants must meet session’s age requirements (ie 13yrs+) as of the day of the program start
- Have an autism diagnosis, and an active CAN membership
- Individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome
- Commitment to attend session on a weekly basis (See Attendance Policy)
Subscribe to the Youth and Adult newsletter to stay up-to-date with our upcoming opportunities.
Newsletters will be sent monthly and will include important information regarding programming, events, and registration.
Winter registration is closed
View the latest program guide to see upcoming locations, dates, and times.
Login to your membership account when registration opens. Registration is not first-come first-served.*
*Due to the high volume of web traffic we experience when registration opens, you may experience issues logging onto the system. If you are unable to log on, please check back again later in the afternoon or evening. Your registration will not be affected if you submit your requests later in the day or in the week. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Missed the registration period?
Submit a late registration request: canucksautism.ca/late
Note that this is a new, streamlined process. We will no longer accept late registration requests emailed to [email protected]