The Virtual Programs teach children on the spectrum and their siblings core movement skills such as running, jumping and balancing. Participants also get the opportunity to play games, participate in sing-a-longs, story time and practice skills like listening and waiting. Learning fundamental movement skills helps children build the confidence necessary for a lifetime of sport and physical activity.
Using the free Zoom app (an online meeting platform), coaches will be able to connect with participants in real-time, teaching lessons in a fun, new and digital environment.
- Opportunity for children with autism and their siblings to learn core movement skills such as running, jumping, and balancing through fun activities, including playing games, participating in sing-a-longs, and story time
- Weekly program teaches fundamental movement skills that helps children build the confidence necessary for a lifetime of sport and physical activity
- View Equipment Checklist
Virtual Challenger Baseball in Partnership with Jays Care
- Opportunity for children with autism and their siblings to try virtual baseball from the comfort of their home
- Confirmed participants will receive an adapted Challenger Baseball Equipment Kit
- Weekly program provides participants with the opportunity to learn baseball skills, make new friends, have fun, and build confidence
This program is currently available exclusively to Northern BC families.
Program Structure & Supports Provided
- These programs are delivered online through the free Zoom app
- Participants are lead through different activities virtually by a CAN staff member, while being supported at home by a parent/guardian/caretaker
- Each session consists of a 30-45 minute lesson, once per week, for six weeks
- Each lesson has up to 15 participants taking part virtually
As this will be a learning experience for us all, you can expect to see us adapt our content along the way to best suit the online platform and the needs of our participants.
- In-person support for these programs must be provided by a parent/guardian/caretaker who is present for the duration of each online lesson
- An additional CAN staff member will be present and act as a moderator to provide technical support and answer questions
- Please email [email protected] with any questions or concerns
You can also access our Zoom Tip Sheet to help you prepare for the online program.
- For ages 3-6. Must be of correct age on program start date
- Have an autism diagnosis and an active CAN Membership
- Siblings are welcome to register alongside their sibling with autism (if age requirement is met)
- Individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome to take part
- Commitment to attend session on a weekly basis
- Parent/guardian/caretaker must be present for the duration of each online lesson
Registration for Fall opens Mon, Aug 16 at noon
View the Fall program guide to see upcoming locations, dates, and times.
Registration closes on Friday, August 20 at noon.
Login to your membership account when registration opens. Registration is not first-come first-served.*
*Due to the high volume of web traffic we experience when registration opens, you may experience issues logging onto the system. If you are unable to log on, please check back again later in the afternoon or evening. Your registration will not be affected if you submit your requests later in the day or in the week. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Missed the Fall registration period?
If you would like to submit a late registration request, please email [email protected] with the following:
- name and age of participant
- program you are requesting late registration for
Late registration requests will be considered in the order that they are received.
Please check canucksautism.ca/health for the most-up-to-date information regarding CAN programming.