The Virtual Programs teach children with autism and their siblings core movement skills such as running, jumping and balancing. Participants also get the opportunity to play games, participate in sing-a-longs, story time and practice skills like listening and waiting. Learning fundamental movement skills helps children build the confidence necessary for a lifetime of sport and physical activity.
Using the free Zoom app (an online meeting platform), coaches will be able to connect with participants in real-time, teaching lessons in a fun, new and digital environment.
- Opportunity for children with autism and their siblings to learn core movement skills such as running, jumping, and balancing through fun activities, including playing games, participating in sing-a-longs, and story time
- Weekly program teaches fundamental movement skills that helps children build the confidence necessary for a lifetime of sport and physical activity
- Click : Equipment Checklist
Virtual Challenger Baseball in Partnership with Jays Care
- Opportunity for children with autism and their siblings to try virtual baseball from the comfort of their home
- Confirmed participants will receive an adapted Challenger Baseball Equipment Kit
- Weekly program provides participants with the opportunity to learn baseball skills, make new friends, have fun, and build confidence
Program Structure & Supports Provided
- These programs are delivered online through the free Zoom app
- Participants are lead through different activities virtually by a CAN staff member, while being supported at home by a parent/guardian/caretaker
- Each session consists of a 30-45 minute lesson, once per week, for six weeks
- Each lesson has up to 15 participants taking part virtually
As this will be a learning experience for us all, you can expect to see us adapt our content along the way to best suit the online platform and the needs of our participants.
- In-person support for these programs must be provided by a parent/guardian/caretaker who is present for the duration of each online lesson
- An additional CAN staff member will be present and act as a moderator to provide technical support and answer questions
- Please email [email protected] with any questions or concerns
You can also access our Zoom Tip Sheet to help you prepare for the online program.
- For ages 3-6. Must be of correct age on program start date
- Have an autism diagnosis and an active CAN Membership
- Siblings are welcome to register alongside their sibling with autism (if age requirement is met)
- Individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome to take part
- Commitment to attend session on a weekly basis
- Parent/guardian/caretaker must be present for the duration of each online lesson
Registration is closed
If you would like to request late registration for a program, please email [email protected] with the following:
- Name and age of participant
- Program Name, Time, and Location
*Reminder: Late registration requests are not guaranteed. Priority will be given to those who submit registration requests during the registration period. Thank you in advance for understanding. See our Registration FAQs.
Please check canucksautism.ca/health for the most-up-to-date information regarding CAN programming.