The Virtual Programs teach children with autism and their siblings core movement skills such as running, jumping and balancing. Participants also get the opportunity to play games, participate in sing-a-longs, story time and practice skills like listening and waiting. Learning fundamental movement skills helps children build the confidence necessary for a lifetime of sport and physical activity.
Using the free Zoom app (an online meeting platform), coaches will be able to connect with participants in real-time, teaching lessons in a fun, new and digital environment.
- Opportunity for children with autism and their siblings to learn core movement skills such as running, jumping, and balancing through fun activities, including playing games, participating in sing-a-longs, and story time
- Weekly program teaches fundamental movement skills that helps children build the confidence necessary for a lifetime of sport and physical activity
- Click : Equipment Checklist
Virtual Challenger Baseball in Partnership with Jays Care
- Opportunity for children with autism and their siblings to try virtual baseball from the comfort of their home
- Confirmed participants will receive an adapted Challenger Baseball Equipment Kit
- Weekly program provides participants with the opportunity to learn baseball skills, make new friends, have fun, and build confidence
Program Structure & Supports Provided
- These programs are delivered online through the free Zoom app
- Participants are lead through different activities virtually by a CAN staff member, while being supported at home by a parent/guardian/caretaker
- Each session consists of a 30-45 minute lesson, once per week, for six weeks
- Each lesson has up to 15 participants taking part virtually
As this will be a learning experience for us all, you can expect to see us adapt our content along the way to best suit the online platform and the needs of our participants.
- In-person support for these programs must be provided by a parent/guardian/caretaker who is present for the duration of each online lesson
- An additional CAN staff member will be present and act as a moderator to provide technical support and answer questions
- Please email [email protected] with any questions or concerns
You can also access our Zoom Tip Sheet to help you prepare for the online program.
- For ages 3-6. Must be of correct age on program start date
- Have an autism diagnosis and an active CAN Membership
- Siblings are welcome to register alongside their sibling with autism (if age requirement is met)
- Individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome to take part
- Commitment to attend session on a weekly basis
- Parent/guardian/caretaker must be present for the duration of each online lesson
Late registration being accepted for the following programs
Baseball (3-6yrs) | Tue, 4:00-4:45pm or 5:00-5:45pm, Jan 26-Mar 2
CAN members can submit late registration requests by emailing [email protected] with the following information:
1. name and age of participant
2. program, date and location that you are requesting late registration for
*Submitting a late registration does not guarantee a program spot. Requests will be taken in the order that they are received.
View our Winter Program Guide for full list of programs, dates, times, and locations.
Please check canucksautism.ca/health for the most-up-to-date information regarding CAN programming.