Our Virtual Programs teach children on the autism spectrum and their siblings (ages 3-6) core movement skills such as running, jumping and balancing. Participants also get the opportunity to play games, participate in sing-a-longs, story time and practice skills like listening and waiting. Learning fundamental movement skills helps children build the confidence necessary for a lifetime of sport and physical activity.
Using the free Zoom app (an online meeting platform), coaches will be able to connect with participants in real-time, teaching lessons in a fun, new and digital environment.
- No experience required
- Registered participants will receive an equipment kit
- In partnership with CodeAbility
- Basics of coding
- No experience or software required
- In partnership with All Bodies Dance
- Drama activities including “making your own commercial” and charades
- Participate in a range of yoga activities
Availability of programs will vary from season to season.
Program Structure & Supports Provided
- These programs are delivered online through the free Zoom app
- Participants are lead through different activities virtually by a CAN staff member, while being supported at home by a parent/guardian/caretaker
- Each session consists of a 30-45 minute lesson, once per week, for six weeks
- Each lesson has up to 15 participants taking part virtually
As this will be a learning experience for us all, you can expect to see us adapt our content along the way to best suit the online platform and the needs of our participants.
- In-person support for these programs must be provided by a parent/guardian/caretaker who is present for the duration of each online lesson
- An additional CAN staff member will be present and act as a moderator to provide technical support and answer questions
- Please email [email protected] with any questions or concerns
You can also access our Zoom Tip Sheet to help you prepare for the online program.
- For ages 3-6 (Must be of correct age on program start date)
- Have an autism diagnosis and an active CAN Membership
- Siblings are welcome to register alongside their sibling on the autism spectrum (if age requirement is met)
- Individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome to take part
- Commitment to attend session on a weekly basis
- Parent/guardian/caretaker must be present for the duration of each online lesson
Winter registration is closed
To submit a late registration request, you must be a CAN member:
- Browse the latest program guide to see upcoming locations, dates, and times.
- Submit a late registration request: canucksautism.ca/late
- If you are not a member, you will need to complete an online membership application before being confirmed into the program.
Learn more about our registration processes: canucksautism.ca/registration