Virtual Youth and Adult programs provide a range of opportunities for youth and adults with autism to connect through online programming. Activities include a virtual fitness program, Netflix viewing, and social meet ups. All sessions are facilitated by CAN staff and hosted with the free online meeting app Zoom.
Using the free Zoom app (an online meeting platform), coaches will be able to connect with participants in real-time, teaching lessons in a fun, new and digital environment.
- Each program is delivered online through the free Zoom app
- Sessions are lead by a CAN staff member
- Each session ranges from one-two hours (depending on activity), once per week, for six weeks
- Each session has up to 15 participants taking part virtually
- Current virtual programs: Virtual Fitness, Virtual Netflix Party, Virtual Meet Ups
- Opportunity for youth and adults with autism to participate in a workout class online led by a certified personal trainer
- Fitness sessions will focus on aerobic endurance, strength, and flexibility and will feature activities that can easily be done from home – no previous fitness experience required
Virtual Netflix Party
- Opportunity for youth and adults with autism to socialize and enjoy a movie together online
- Participants access the party through their own Netflix account and a link provided by CAN (not through Zoom)
- A CAN staff supports the chat and introduces activities during the film
- Opportunity for youth and adults with autism to meet up online, build social relationships, and play a variety of fun games
- A CAN staff mediates the group, introducing fun activities and guest facilitators each week
- Participants are encouraged to participate independently – parents are welcome to support when needed
- An additional CAN staff member will be present and act as a moderator to provide technical support and answer questions
- Please email Monica Bui, Youth and Adult Program Coordinator, [email protected], with any questions or concerns
- Ages 13+yrs (Must be of correct age on program start date)
- Have an autism diagnosis and an active CAN Membership
- Individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome to take part
- Commitment to attend session on a weekly basis
Registration is closed
Online registration for Virtual Youth and Adult programs closed on Friday, May 29, at noon.
If you would like to submit a late registration request, please email [email protected] with the following:
- name and age of participant
- program that you are submitting a late registration request for
Those who submitted registration requests within the registration period will be updated on their registration status on Wednesday, June 3.