Virtual Youth and Adult programs provide a range of opportunities for participants (13-17 yrs & 18+) to connect online. Programs include Fitness, Movie Club, Social Meet Ups, Explore Volunteering and Coding Workshops. All sessions are facilitated by CAN staff.
Using the free Zoom app (an online meeting platform), coaches will be able to connect with participants in real-time, teaching lessons in a fun, new and digital environment.
- Each session ranges from 1-2 hours (depending on activity), once per week, for six weeks
- Each session has up to 15 participants taking part virtually
- Workout sessions led by a certified personal trainer
- Focus on aerobic endurance, strength, and flexibility featuring activities that can easily be done from home
- No previous fitness experience required
- See Equipment Checklist
- Watch a movie on Netflix together, discuss the movie with peers, and play fun games online
- Participants access the party through their own Netflix account and a link provided by CAN (not through Zoom)
- A CAN staff supports the chat during the film
- Meet up online, build social relationships, and play a variety of fun games
- A CAN staff mediates the group, introducing fun activities and guest facilitators each week
Virtual Coding Workshops
- Beginners: Introduction to coding and learning about programming languages. Suitable for participants with no prior experience in coding
- Intermediate: Introduction to HTML, CSS and web design concepts. Better suited for participants who have some prior knowledge in coding and are ready for more advanced learning.
Virtual Explore Employment Program
- Activities to build job seeking skills and social skills in the workplace, while facilitating career exploration
- Learn from and network with a range of employers and experts in the employment field
- Weekly activities may include resume workshops, interview practice, discussions on workplace norms/socializing, and guest employers speaking about their workplace environments
- Participants are encouraged to participate independently – parents/guardians are welcome to support when needed
- An additional CAN staff member will be present and act as a moderator to provide technical support and answer questions
- Please email Mark Comfort, Youth and Adult Program Coordinator, [email protected], with any questions or concerns
You can also access our Zoom Tip Sheet to help you prepare for the online program.
Subscribe to the Youth and Adult newsletter to stay up-to-date with our upcoming opportunities.
Newsletters will be sent monthly and will include important information regarding programming, events, and registration.
Registration is closed and late registration requests may be accepted pending program availability.
Registration for Spring weekly programs took place from Monday, February 22nd at noon to Friday, February 26th at noon.
If you would like to submit a late registration request, please email [email protected] with the following information:
- Name and age of participant
- Program, dates & times, and location you are requesting late registration for
Late registration requests will be processed in the order that they are received.
Please check canucksautism.ca/health for the most-up-to-date information regarding CAN programming.