Virtual Youth and Adult programs provide a range of opportunities for youth and adults on the spectrum to connect through online programming. Activities include a virtual fitness program, Netflix viewing, and social meet ups. All sessions are facilitated by CAN staff and hosted with the free online meeting app Zoom.
Using the free Zoom app (an online meeting platform), coaches will be able to connect with participants in real-time, teaching lessons in a fun, new and digital environment.
- Each program is delivered online through the free Zoom app
- Sessions are lead by a CAN staff member
- Each session ranges from one-two hours (depending on activity), once per week, for six weeks
- Each session has up to 15 participants taking part virtually
- Current virtual programs: Virtual Fitness, Movie Club, Virtual Meet Ups
- Opportunity for autistic youth and adults to participate in a workout class online led by a certified personal trainer
- Fitness sessions will focus on aerobic endurance, strength, and flexibility and will feature activities that can easily be done from home – no previous fitness experience required
- See Equipment Checklist
- Opportunity for youth and adults with autism to watch a movie on Netflix together, discuss the movie amongst peers, and play fun games online
- Participants access the party through their own Netflix account and a link provided by CAN (not through Zoom)
- A CAN staff supports the chat during the film
- Opportunity for autistic youth and adults to meet up online, build social relationships, and play a variety of fun games
- A CAN staff mediates the group, introducing fun activities and guest facilitators each week
Virtual Coding Workshops
- Beginners: Introduction to coding and learning about programming languages. Suitable for participants with no prior experience in coding
- Intermediate: Introduction to HTML, CSS and web design concepts. Better suited for participants who have some prior knowledge in coding and are ready for more advanced learning.
Virtual Explore Employment Program
- The program will focus on activities including, social skills in the workplace, job seeking skills, career exploration, as well as the opportunity to learn from and network with a range of employers and experts in the employment field
- Weekly activities may include: resume workshop, interview practice, discussions on workplace norms/socializing, and guest employers speaking to their workplace culture and employment
- Participants are encouraged to participate independently – parents are welcome to support when needed
- An additional CAN staff member will be present and act as a moderator to provide technical support and answer questions
- Please email Monica Bui, Youth and Adult Program Coordinator, [email protected], with any questions or concerns
You can also access our Zoom Tip Sheet to help you prepare for the online program.
Subscribe to the Youth and Adult newsletter to stay up-to-date with our upcoming opportunities.
Newsletters will be sent monthly and will include important information regarding programming, events, and registration.
Registration is open
View our Winter Program Guide for full list of programs, dates, times, and locations.
Please check canucksautism.ca/health for the most-up-to-date information regarding CAN programming.