Ready Willing and Able (RWA), in collaboration with Canucks Autism Network, works with businesses of all sizes and industries to address existing labour needs through hiring qualified candidates who also happen to have an intellectual disability or Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Ready, Willing and Able is designed to help employers understand the value of inclusive hiring and wants to support you in leveraging the business benefits of inclusion in the workplace.
Funded by the Government of Canada’s Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities, RWA is a national partnership initiative of the Canadian Association for Community Living and Canadian Autism Spectrum Disorders Alliance and their member organizations.
Are you looking for employment in the metro Vancouver area? Do you identify as being on the autism spectrum?
Canucks Autism Network, in collaboration with Ready, Willing and Able, is working to connect people with Autism Spectrum Disorder to employment supports and paid employment in your community.
Our Autism Outreach Coordinator can support you in navigating your path to employment by connecting you to community agencies that:
- Provide pre-employment and employment readiness supports
- Have connections to competitive employment opportunities with businesses in a variety of industries
- Provide any additional supports or accommodations that may be needed on the job
Please fill out this form if you are interested in employment.
Navigator, Youth and Adult Services
Autism Outreach Coordinator | Ready, Willing & Able
Our Labour Market Facilitatorcan support you in providing:
- Insights on the business benefits of inclusive hiring and the return on investment experienced by Canadian businesses who hire people with an intellectual disability or ASD
- Access to research and best practices for leveraging the benefits of a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Disability awareness training
- An individualized approach to developing and implementing inclusive recruitment and selection strategies
- Coordinated access to a broad talent pool of persons with an intellectual disability or ASD
- Direct connections to local employment agencies who provide on-the-job supports and accommodations to qualified candidates and new employees with an intellectual disability or ASD
Creating an inclusive workforce with RWA is just one click or one phone call away.
Ross MacMillan, BA
Employer Engagement Specialist
Labour Market Facilitator | Ready, Willing & Able
604-685-4049 ext. 206