Ready, Willing & Able (RWA) Health Statement
In response to provincial health recommendations regarding COVID-19, the Ready, Willing, and Able staff will be shifting their operations to work from home. During these challenging times, we hope that you are staying healthy and safe. We remain active and committed to supporting job seekers, employers, and agency partners in our communities. During this transition period, there may be delayed responses to emails and inquiries, but rest assured a staff member will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you so much for your understanding and support.
Ready, Willing & Able (RWA) is a national initiative that engages, educates and supports employers to hire people with intellectual disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Canucks Autism Network is an RWA partner, co-delivering the program with Inclusion BC in British Columbia.
If you are an individual with autism looking for work, or an employer interested in inclusive hiring, we can help you reach your goals.
Are you looking for employment in the metro Vancouver area? Do you identify as being on the autism spectrum?
Through the Ready, Willing and Able program, our Navigator of Youth and Adult Services can support you in navigating your path to employment by connecting you to community agencies and services that:
- provide pre-employment and employment readiness supports
- have connections to competitive employment opportunities with businesses in a variety of industries
- provide any additional supports or accommodations that may be needed on the job
- refer job seekers to services that focus on mental health, life skills, housing, etc.
Please fill out this form if you are interested in employment.
Navigator, Youth and Adult Services
Autism Outreach Coordinator | Ready, Willing & Able
604-685-4049 ext. 207
The Ready, Willing, and Able (RWA) program is designed to help employers access the business benefits and value of inclusive hiring. Through RWA, we support businesses of all sizes and industries to address specific labour needs through hiring qualified candidates with autism or an intellectual disability.
Our Employer Engagement Specialist can support you in providing:
- insights on the business benefits of inclusive hiring and the return on investment experienced by Canadian businesses who hire people with autism or an intellectual disability
- disability awareness training
- an individualized approach to developing and implementing inclusive recruitment and selection strategies
- coordinated access to a broad talent pool of persons with autism or an intellectual disability
- direct connections to local employment agencies who provide complimentary on-the-job supports, such as job coaching, to qualified candidates and new employees with autism or an intellectual disability
If you are interested in inclusive hiring for your business, please contact:
Ross MacMillan, BA
Employer Engagement Specialist
Labour Market Facilitator | Ready, Willing & Able