Ready, Willing & Able (RWA) is a national initiative that engages, educates and supports employers to hire people with intellectual disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Canucks Autism Network is an RWA partner, co-delivering the program with Inclusion BC in British Columbia.
If you are an individual on the spectrum looking for work, or an employer interested in inclusive hiring, we can help you reach your goals.
Do you identify as being on the autism spectrum? Are you looking for employment in the metro Vancouver area or need a little extra support in your post-secondary studies?
Through the Ready, Willing and Able program, our Navigator of Youth and Adult Services can support you in navigating your path to success by connecting you to community agencies and services that:
- provide pre-employment and employment readiness supports
- have connections to competitive employment opportunities with businesses in a variety of industries
- provide any additional supports or accommodations that may be needed on the job
- refer job seekers to services that focus on mental health, life skills, housing, etc.
- help you with your post-secondary studies (e.g. coursework and accommodations needed to complete and internship or field placement)
Please fill out The Compass questionnaire if you are interested in employment.
Navigator, Youth and Adult Services
Autism Outreach Coordinator | Ready, Willing & Able
The Ready, Willing, and Able (RWA) program is designed to help employers access the business benefits and value of inclusive hiring. Through RWA, we support businesses of all sizes and industries to address specific labour needs through hiring qualified candidates on the autism spectrum or with an intellectual disability.
Our Employer Engagement Specialist can support you in providing:
- insights on the business benefits of inclusive hiring and the return on investment experienced by Canadian businesses who hire people on the spectrum or with an intellectual disability
- disability awareness training
- an individualized approach to developing and implementing inclusive recruitment and selection strategies
- coordinated access to a broad talent pool of autistic persons or individuals with an intellectual disability
- direct connections to local employment agencies who provide complimentary on-the-job supports, such as job coaching, to qualified candidates and new employees on the autism spectrum or with an intellectual disability
If you are interested in inclusive hiring for your business, please contact:
Ross MacMillan, BA
Employer Engagement Specialist
Labour Market Facilitator | Ready, Willing & Able