Do you identify as being on the autism spectrum? Are you looking for employment in the Metro Vancouver area? Or need a little extra support in your post-secondary studies?
The Compass is a short online questionnaire. It is the first step in connecting to our Navigator of Youth and Adult Services, Maegan O’Neill. You will be asked questions about your employment, education history and your experience with employment services and supports in your community.
It should take about 10 minutes to complete. If you need assistance or would prefer to speak to Maegan directly, please contact:
Navigator, Youth and Adult Services
Autism Outreach Coordinator | Ready, Willing & Able
After completing the questionnaire, Maegan will follow up with you by phone or email to arrange a time to meet (either in-person or virtually). In your meeting, Maegan will learn more about your support needs and connect you to post-secondary supports, employment supports and/or paid employment opportunities in your community.
Before completing The Compass questionnaire, there are a few important considerations that you should know.
1. Ready, Willing and Able is a partnership initiative between the Canadian Association for Community Living (CACL) and the Canadian Autism Spectrum Disorders Alliance (CASDA). The program is governed and managed by an executive committee and national team that we refer to as the RWA Program. RWA’s The Compass is owned by CASDA, an Ontario entity. RWA uses Simple Survey as the service provider to host The Compass questionnaire. As such, personal information collected through The Compass is stored with a provider (Simple Survey) in Canada.
2. By completing this questionnaire, you are acknowledging that you identify as an individual with Autism Spectrum Disorder and consent to sharing this information with CASDA.
3. By completing this questionnaire, you will be sharing your contact information with the RWA team and consent to being contacted by a local RWA team member.
4. By completing this questionnaire, you represent and warrant to us that you are: (a) an individual seeking supports and are not completing the questionnaire on behalf of any other individual without their consent and (b) 16 years of age or older
5. All personal information collected will be retained by RWA for the duration of the initiative. Upon formal completion of the initiative, any and all identifying information (including your name and contact information) will be deleted or destroyed.
6. With your consent, CASDA will collect and use some of the data gathered in this brief questionnaire for research purposes. In collecting this data, RWA aims to develop a better understanding of the current employment and support experiences of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder with the ultimate goal of improving what employment supports are available and how they are delivered to individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Any identifying information (including your name and contact information) will be removed from the research database, making it highly unlikely that researchers, or anyone viewing published research results, could identify you or any other person or employer on the basis of the data. This data would be accessible by the research team approved by Ready, Willing and Able and CASDA, for use in the broader evaluation of the Ready, Willing and Able initiative. The database would not be publicly accessible, nor will anything in it be used for non-research or commercial purposes.
Funded by the Government of Canada, RWA is a national partnership initiative between the Canadian Association for Community Living (CACL) and the Canadian Autism Spectrum Disorders Alliance (CASDA) that is working to increase the labour force participation of people with an intellectual disability or Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).