The Virtual Job Fair is a month-long series of virtual workshops and presentations for autistic youth and adults. Job seekers will develop pre-employment skills, meet with employers and service providers, and learn about opportunities in the Lower Mainland area.
Pre-employment workshops are open to all individuals on the spectrum. A CAN membership is not required to participate.
These workshops are recommended for youth and adults of legal working age, 15 years and up.
How the Virtual Job Fair Works
- Workshops and presentations are in the process of being confirmed
- Participants will receive a detailed schedule with available options leading up to the Virtual Job Fair
- Each workshop or presentation will range from 30 minutes to 90 minutes
- The exact schedule is TBD, but all sessions will be scheduled on weekdays between 9am-5pm
- Every session will be delivered online at no cost for participants through the Zoom app
Weekly Events: February 2021
Week 1: Job Fair Preparation
- Welcome, event schedule, registration, Zoom app tutorial
Week 2: Community Showcase & Workshops
- Explore service providers and specialized programs available
- Resume and cover letter workshops, networking and interview skills
Week 3: Employer Presentations*
- Introduction of company, description of job position(s) available, live Q&A session
*Employers will be primarily based in Lower Mainland
Week 4: Additional Resources
- Mental health and stress management workshops, job search resources, and follow up
- Job seekers are encouraged to participate independently; family members and service providers are also welcome to support if needed
- An additional CAN staff member will be present and act as a moderator to provide technical support and answer questions
- Please email Romdoul Long, Virtual Job Fair Project Coordinator, [email protected], with any questions or concerns
Sign up today!
Registrants will be emailed in late-January with a full list and schedule of workshop topics and participating employers and service agencies.
If you are an employer or service provider interested in presenting at the Virtual Job Fair, please email:
Virtual Job Fair Coordinator
The Virtual Job Fair is a community project hosted by Canucks Autism Network (CAN) as part of the Employment Recovery Project funded by the Government of Canada’s Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities.
The Employment Recovery Project is delivered by Canucks Autism Network (CAN), Inclusion Canada and the Canadian Autism Spectrum Disorder Alliance (CASDA) and works in collaboration with Ready, Willing and Able (RWA).