CAN Sports Day at BC Place
Sunday, May 13, 2018
Activities begin: 12:50pm; Sign-in: 12:15pm
CAN participants are invited to BC Place for an unforgettable multisport experience with players and representatives from the Vancouver Canucks, BC Lions, Vancouver Whitecaps FC, and Vancouver Canadians!
- This event is for children, youth and young adults with autism and their siblings.
- Minimum age of 6 years old to participate (including siblings)
- Each participant can be accompanied by at least one parent/guardian (unless they are an adult participant that does not require assistance).
- Up to two parents/guardians per family unit
- Due to the nature of this event, there will likely be media coverage. As such, all participants, parents and guardians will be required to sign a media release prior to the event.
- For safety and spacing reasons, we are introducing “Parent Zones” on-field and in the stands for parents/guardians to watch.Hands-on support from parents/guardians during the activities will not be required.
By accessing the CAN Sports Day Activity Storybook, you can help prepare your child for the event. Activity Storybooks describe activities or situations as well as the expected behaviours in a given context using words and often pictures. Participants can read Activity Storybooks prior to engaging in an activity to help prepare them and build predictability.
Online registration for these programs opens to PENDING ENROLMENT on Monday, April 23, at noon, and closes on Friday, April 27, at noon. All those who submit registration requests will be notified of their updated registration status by end of day on Friday, May 4.