Summer 2020 Programming
Our province-wide team continues to actively plan for summer programming so that we can act quickly if the health situation improves in time. We are preparing for the best case scenario while also planning for alternate outcomes. We are crossing our fingers with our members, and we will be sure to update everyone on important decisions every step of the way.
Summer registration dates and details on whether we expect to proceed with our summer plans will be release in a special newsletter mid-to-end of May.
Spring 2020 Programming
Due to the ongoing health crisis, newly enforced social distancing measures and indefinite facility closures, we have made the inevitable decision to cancel spring programming as it was originally planned. This includes all weekly programs, monthly youth and adult programs, and family events scheduled from April to June, as well as Sports Day.
Participants confirmed for a spring program will receive additional emails from the CAN Team during the week of April 6-9, with specific session cancellation information, as well as details regarding refunds, or Autism Funding authorizations, for those programs with fees.
Resources You Can Access From Home
We hope that members have seen our “Team Meeting“ video series on social media featuring well-known CAN coaches leading a variety of activities. We will continue to release new videos each week to keep our members busy, active, safe and calm. Some of the online activities you can expect to see include: arts and crafts, sports-related activities, music lessons, fitness lessons, contests and more!
If you haven’t yet seen the videos, make sure to follow us on social media (links). Not active on social media? You can access all videos on YouTube!
Have an idea for an activity you would like to see? Let us know filling out this short form https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/07c1ea05bd1f4c7cb08ffaa7300804a9 and we will do what we can to try to make it happen.
Opens: Mon, May 24 at noon
Closes: Fri, May 28 at noon
Stay tuned to your inbox in mid-May for summer programs, dates, and times to be announced!
Not a Canucks Autism Network member?
Create an online account to access CAN programs for $25/year.
For more info on any of these programs, please visit canucksautism.ca/programs.
Not receiving our emails? Subscribe to our newsletter >>
Newsletters are sent in the first week of the month and include important info about programs, events & registration details.
Subscribers may also receive 1-3 additional newsletters per month with unique opportunities, promotions & stories.
Recruiting job seekers on the autism spectrum this summer!
- Skills Training Employment Program (STEP) | Ages 15-30
Paid opportunity: 6 weeks classroom training & 6 weeks of work experience
Learn more >>
What to Expect at CAN In-Person Programs
Updated Safety Plans (as of January 2021)
- Updated Safety Plan: In-Person Programs
- Curriculum updates: New station-based & hands-free activities to allow for increased physical distancing and decreased touch points.
- Reduced participants numbers, increased outdoor activities for youth & adult programs and virtual opportunities for all age groups
- Mandatory masks in common indoor spaces, no spectators allowed and new policies for physically-distanced support.
- Participants and staff will be required to maintain a distance of 3 metres on the field of play, and 2 metres off the field of play
- After the program has begun, there should be no additional participants, parents, or staff members entering or exiting the facility
- No spraying of bottles during the program, actions will be strictly enforced by staff
- In the event of a positive COVID-19 case, CAN will contact the local public health authority to receive instructions for how to proceed and will contact the facility in which the program occurred to inform them of the exposure
- Updated Safety Plan: Family Experiences
- CAN Family Experiences will continue as scheduled. This decision remains in alignment with provincial health recommendations as long as families remain within their household bubbles.
- During this time of physical distancing, we must reiterate the need to eliminate interactions with other households at CAN Family Experiences.
Not yet a Canucks Autism Network member?
Create an online account to access Canucks Autism Network programs for $25/year.
Already a Canucks Autism Network member?
Not sure how to navigate the registration website?
Guide to Registration Dates:
|Program||Seasons Programs Run||Month that Registration Takes Place*|
|Weekly Programs||Fall, Winter, Spring||Fall – August
Winter – November
Spring – February
|Monthly Youth and Adult Programs||Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer||2nd week of each month|
|Family Experiences||Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer||Throughout the year – check the newsletter and program guides|
|Summer Day and Overnight Camps||Summer||April/May|
*Subject to change – keep an eye on the monthly newsletter to stay up-to-date on registration periods
When does registration take place?
Why is registration open for a short period?
Why are programs offered at non-ideal times?
Who gets into programs?
How do I prepare for CAN programs?
Sharing program concerns
Not finding what you’re looking for?
Contact: [email protected] | 604-685-4049