The Fitness program provides youth and adults on the spectrum with an introduction to cardio exercises, free weights, and basic gym etiquette with the support of qualified instructors. Participants are also encouraged to build independence and fitness routines that can be maintained outside of the program.
Participant Safety Plan
Fitness lessons focus on aerobic endurance, strength, and flexibility, and will include individual, partner, and group exercise.
- Each session consists of a 60 minute lesson, once per week, for multiple weeks.
- Sessions take place three times a year: In the fall (mid-October to late November), winter (late January to early March), and spring (mid-April to late May).
- Each session consists of 4-8 participants who may be split into smaller groups.
At Canucks Autism Network, we recognize that each individual with autism is unique. All individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome in our programs. We strive to meet the unique needs of each program participant through conversation and collaboration. Please do not hesitate to contact our Youth & Young Adult Program Coordinator at [email protected] with any questions.
Registration is closed
Registration for Winter programs was open from Monday, November 30 at noon to Friday, December 4 at noon.
Missed the registration deadline? *
CAN members can submit late registration requests by emailing [email protected] with the following information:
1. name and age of participant
2. program, date and location that you are requesting late registration for
*Submitting a late registration does not guarantee a program spot. Requests will be taken in the order that they are received.
View our Winter Program Guide for full list of programs, dates, times, and locations.
Please check canucksautism.ca/health for the most-up-to-date information regarding CAN programming.