Fitness teaches skills such as learning cardio exercises, using free weights, and basic gym etiquette. Participants will also be encouraged to build independence and fitness routines that can be maintained outside of the program.
Fitness lessons focus on aerobic endurance, strength, and flexibility, and will include individual, partner, and group exercise.
- Each session consists of a 60 minute lesson, once per week, for multiple weeks.
- Sessions take place three times a year: In the fall (mid-October to late November), winter (late January to early March), and spring (mid-April to late May).
- Each session consists of 4-8 participants who may be split into smaller groups.
At Canucks Autism Network, we recognize that each individual with autism is unique. All individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome in our programs. We strive to meet the unique needs of each program participant through conversation and collaboration. Please do not hesitate to contact our Youth & Young Adult Program Coordinator at [email protected] with any questions.
Registration is closed
All those who submitted registration requests during the registration period will be notified of their updated registration status by end of day on Friday, November 29.
Registration was open from Monday, November 18 at noon to Friday, November 22 at noon. If you are a Canucks Autism Network member and would like to submit a late registration request, please email [email protected] with the following information:
- name and age of participant
- requested program, dates and location