Fitness teaches skills such as learning cardio exercises, using free weights, and basic gym etiquette. Participants will also be encouraged to build independence and fitness routines that can be maintained outside of the program.
Fitness lessons focus on aerobic endurance, strength, and flexibility, and will include individual, partner, and group exercise.
- Each session consists of a 60 minute lesson, once per week, for multiple weeks.
- Sessions take place three times a year: In the fall (mid-October to late November), winter (late January to early March), and spring (mid-April to late May).
- Each session consists of 4-8 participants who may be split into smaller groups.
At Canucks Autism Network, we recognize that each individual with autism is unique. All individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome in our programs. We strive to meet the unique needs of each program participant through conversation and collaboration. Please do not hesitate to contact our Youth & Young Adult Program Coordinator at [email protected] with any questions.
Online registration for Spring weekly programs was open from Monday, February 11th at noon to Friday, February 15th at noon.
To submit a late registration request, please email [email protected] with the following:
- Participant name and age, and
- Program name, location, and time
View full Spring program details at canucksautism.ca/leisureguide.