April 1, 2022
As we celebrate Autism Acceptance Month in April, we are excited to share different ways that local businesses throughout the province are raising vital funds in support of CAN!
It is estimated that 1 in 32 BC children are on the autism spectrum. The need for support is greater than ever. Help us build a world where every autistic individual is understood, accepted and supported in all community spaces.
Consider visiting one of these local businesses this month!
Meridian Farm Market | April
Across Lower Mainland
This Lower Mainland chain of grocery stores has been a CAN supporter and champion of inclusive employment for years. Hosting annual Autism Acceptance Month fundraisers since 2015, Meridian Farm Market & Ralph’s Farm Market has raised an all-time total of $81,000. This year, they want to surpass the $100k mark!
- $1 from item sales: Meridian Tortilla Chips, Pound of Wings, Rice Crispy Squares, and Fresh Blueberries
- Locations: Mission, Maple Ridge, Port Coquitlam, Langley, White Rock, Tsawwassen, North Vancouver. Find a store near you
- BBQ Fundraiser: To cap off the month-long campaign, Meridian Farm Market is hosting a BBQ on April 30th from 11am-2pm at their Ralph’s Farm Market (22728 Fraser Highway) location. Enjoy food, prizes, an auction, the best smokies in town, and amazing sale prices in store! All are welcome!
Papa John’s | April
Online & across BC
Run by a CAN family, the King George Blvd location has a long history supporting the cause. Most recently, they have hosted work experience placements for CAN participants in our employment programs. Now, all Papa John’s BC locations are coming together in celebration of Autism Acceptance Month!
- $1 from 2-Medium 3-Topping Pizza Combos: Combo can be bought for delivery or pick up at the Papa John’s throughout the month of April will go to CAN! Order now using code CANPIZZA.
- Location: All BC Locations (except Fort St. John)
Moody Ales | April
This April, stop by the Moody Ales tasting room in Port Moody and know that a portion of sales will support CAN! Moody Ales is part of the ever-popular Brewer’s Row. Two years ago, the community of breweries launched the limited-edition Hat Trick Ale with proceeds benefiting CAN. Brewer’s Row has also been annual participants in our CAN Pro-Am Hockey Tournament, presented by Hudson Pacific Properties.
- 1% of all pint sales: Patrons can also donate directly to CAN onsite.
- Location: 2601 Murray St, Port Moody
- Hours: Sun 12pm-10pm; Mon-Wed 1pm-9pm, Thu 12pm-10pm; Fri-Sat 12pm-11pm
Zyia Active | April
Based out of the Okanagan, Paige Ternoway is an Education Assistant who has worked with countless CAN participants first-hand. As a representative of ZYIA Active, Paige and her team donate proceeds from their sales annually to CAN!
- Location: Online
- Active wear sales: For the entire month of April, Paige is donating 10% of her proceeds to CAN! Shop now!
U-Lock Mini Storage | March – June
U-Lock is strongly committed to giving back to their communities through volunteer work, charitable donations, and community event sponsorships.
- 5% of moving supplies and merch sales: Moving supplies and merchandise can be purchased at any location! Valid from March 1-June 30, 2022.
- Locations: In store. Use their Store Locator to find a store near you
Uno Gelato | Sat, Apr 2
Back in November 2020, Uno Gelato donated 10% of sales to CAN! In celebration of World Autism Day on Sat, Apr 2, they will be collecting in-store donations, while offering a FREE scoop to anyone who shows up in CAN merch (ie a shirt, sweater, hat – anything with a CAN logo on it!) or any CAN participant who presents their membership card.
- Locations: Kitsilano (2579 West Broadway) & Convention Centre (#36-1055 Canada Place)
- Saturday Hours: 12-9pm Full location & hours info
Pacific Northwest Raffle | April 15-30
Enjoy a weekend away in Tofino while decked out in West Coast staples, including Arc’teryx jackets and Vessi shoes!
- Prize Pack: Win a gift card for a two-night stay at Crystal Cove Tofino, plus VSSL camp supplies, two Arc’teryx jackets, and two pairs of Vessi shoes!
- Raffle: Buy a ticket for $5, three for $10 or ten for $20. Enter by Sat, April 30 at 10 PM.
- Location: Buy tickets online.
Must be 19+ and within BC.
Herbaland | March 24 – 31
This Richmond-based vitamin and supplement producer is a proud CAN supporter. For the past two years, they have been the presenting sponsor for the Canucks’ Annual Autism Acceptance Game at Rogers Arena! Last April, Herbaland raised $8,000 for CAN! This year, Herbaland ran their fundraiser during the lead up to April.
- Locations: Online and in store. Use their Store Locator to find a store near you
- Merch and Gummy Sales: 20% of online sales from March 24-31 went directly to CAN!