The Weekly Youth and Adult program offers the opportunity for youth and young adults with autism to get together and have a good time in a safe and supportive environment. This program is intended to provide fun activities where participants are encouraged to get to know each other and build peer relationships.
- Each session of the program consists of 1.5 hours, once per week, for multiple weeks.
- Sessions for this program takes place three times during the year; Fall (mid-October to late November), Winter (late January to early March), and Spring (mid-April to late May).
- The activities will vary each week. Indoor activities may include board games, snack preparation, video games, and dance parties.
- Up to 10 participants will be enrolled in each session, and supported by a program leader, support workers, and volunteers.
At Canucks Autism Network, we recognize that each individual with autism is unique. All individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome in our programs.
We strive to meet the unique needs of each program participant through conversation and collaboration. Please do not hesitate to contact our Youth & Adult Program Coordinator at [email protected] with any questions.
- Participants must meet session’s age requirements as of the day of the program
- Have an autism diagnosis, and an active CAN membership
- Individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome
- Commitment to attend session on a weekly basis (See Attendance Policy)
Registration is closed
All those who submitted registration requests during the registration period will be notified of their updated registration status by end of day on Friday, November 29.
Registration was open from Monday, November 18 at noon to Friday, November 22 at noon. If you are a Canucks Autism Network member and would like to submit a late registration request, please email [email protected] with the following information:
- name and age of participant
- requested program, dates and location