Kids, Teens & Young Adults Camp
Overnight camp is an opportunity for participants with autism to experience an unforgettable adventure in the great outdoors. Activities include boating, ropes course, archery, rock climbing, swimming, field games, campfires, and much more. Participants are grouped according to age for all camp activities and for sleeping arrangements.
LOCATION AND DATES
Location: Keats Camp on Keats Island, BC (See the facility website at keatscamps.com)
3-Day Overnight Camp Dates: Monday August 28th 7:45am to Wednesday August 30th 4:00pm
5-Day Overnight Camp Dates: Monday August 28th 7:45am to Friday September 1st 4:00pm
*Priority for spots in the program will be provided to participants who are traveling from communities where CAN programming is not currently available.
- For individuals age 6+ with an autism diagnosis (Participants are grouped according to age for all camp activities and for sleeping arrangements.)
- Registered CAN Member (for more information on membership, please click here)
For additional information on the program’s structure, please click here. On this webpage, you will find information on camp fees, participant support provided, transportation, camp facilities and accommodations, as well as food allergies, diet restrictions, and medical information.
participant commitment to program:
- Provide a camp fee of $500/3 day or $750/5 day** (Payment Options)
- Canucks Autism Network does not wish for this program fee to act as a barrier to participation. This fee is eligible to be paid through a participant’s Autism Funding. A fee assistance program is also available through the Canucks Autism Network. See Payment Options for more details.
- Attend the entire duration of the camp
- Submit a completed CAN medical form signed by a physician (depending on the physician, there may be a fee associated with having this form completed – please check with your family doctor regarding their policy and is due to the CAN office Friday, June 30th)
- Submit a completed online camper information form
- Providing their own transportation to and from the drop off location in Vancouver
*By completing the online program registration for Overnight Camp, you are communicating that you understand and accept these conditions.